Monday, May 12, 2008

meet report

well I had a rough meet. I made weight and got most of my weight back,and that is the good part. Squat warm up went great right up until my right knee caved in and I dumped 300 behind me poor Matt Court was back spotting me and ended up with the bar on his forearms luckily he was ok. I didn't do another warm up I dropped the opener to 310 and went for it, it went up easy. jumped to 335 and got crushed. Talking to Gary Bobritz we figured I had an electrolyte imbalance after talking to Gary I still have some to learn about rehydrating. The rest of the meet went about the same. bench I dropped the opener to 235 then went 247.5 to break Gene Bell's world record and the 3rd I went to 257.5, it shot right to the top but I couldn't lock my elbows out. I dropped my opener in the dead to 200 just to make sure I kept my record then went 240 easy then 260 and hitched it at the top no lift So all in all not my best performance funny how meets go. It was a good meet as I leaned allot from Garry that I wouldn't have learned if things went well. There was some great lifting this weekend notably as I'm sure everyone knows Clint bench 805 Matt court squatted over 1000 I don't remember exactly what it was But let me say this guy is a force. I'll post some more later I just got home and I'm jet lagged big time

2 comments:

Thorndike Pickledish said...

Hey !! Still a World record on a dehydrated day..true test of a lifter is how he fares when the 'fit hits the shan'...you did great !! and thanks for the report--I was hoping you'd blog us the story ! Thanks ! and Congratulations on making a potentially sour day into a sweet one !!!!

Tony Tomra said...

Thanks Rob This was very bitter sweet for me nice to get a record, but so far from where I expected to be. A performance like this is a hard pill to swallow when I realy can only afford to do one meet a year. I'll have to give this making weight some thought as it adds one more variable to a host of things that can go wrong on meet day. Well it's a good thing that I realy love to train