Friday, February 1, 2008

15 below and a famer's walk

wednesdays training
trained at 24 hr fitness
de bench dbl minis 195/3 215/3 235/3
hammer str incline press 315/8 365/6
dumb bell ext 60/8 70/6
one lat pull 135/8/3
one arm dumb rows 160/8/3
incline curls 35/8/2

friday feb 1
am
1 ½ hours cutting fire wood
pm
farmers walk 310/50'/4 gloves don't work as you have no grip with bare hands I didn't dare to drop them because I was worried my skin might stick to the handles.
super yoke 540/30'/2 600/20'/2
arch back good mornings worked up to 435/2 a new pr for me
abs 6 sets
10 min treadmill
. I need to be done cutting wood by the 1st week in march as by this time I will have to remove some volume to recover from the training to come. March 16 is the last recovery week before I start circa max training. This is a 5 week cycle and I have to be recovered when I start. In this time I will purposely slightly over train to force my body to “super compensate”. The last nine weeks is a pain in the ass as I monitor resting heart rate, body weight, mood, sleep, out side stressors, and how well I’m recovering from the training. In the off season I try to build up my body’s ability to be able to handle high levels of work and as a result I’ve found that what I did last time to get ready for a meet more than like won’t work this time making monitoring necessary . So it is an interesting scenario I train hard in the off season so I can recover from a high work load getting ready for the meet which should translate into big numbers, but if I have pushed to hard getting prepared and enter circa max in a over trained state it really becomes a balancing act between training and recovery with most of my efforts spent on recovery. I’ve had a couple of bad meets over the last 5years as I learned how hard and far I can push myself. I’ve tried the less is more idea of training and at the start I had good results but as I got more and more out shape I got fewer and fewer results. Any way I don’t know if anyone is interested in this, but it is a short explanation on why I train the way I do. I’ve also told many people that I have a.d.d when it comes to training, I become bored very quickly so I include all kinds of lifting, and focus on one when it matters.

1 comment:

Thorndike Pickledish said...

Finally caught up with your training diary here--wow--great effort and thought put in this one..between the heavy work schedule and cutting firewood..you are really a dynamo..great reading..you show great planning and dedication..amazing journey ! no wonder you kick butt in WPC Worlds each year ! MAN !!!!