Friday, May 1, 2009

meet prep from hell continues

Tuesday speed bench day went well. Hit a single with 295 plus dbl minis approx 395 top and 345 at the bottom.
Wednesday
Wednesday was time to try and pull a deadlift my abductor is still giving me a lot of trouble. So i pulled in a modified stance as my leg can't handle full sumo. I put gear on early to try and save my leg things went good to 455 then 495 wouldn't even budge off the floor keep in mind this is in full gear straps up. Because of the Osteoarthritis I have in my low back I haven't pulled conventional in nine years so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm going to pull conv next week and see which sucks worse.
Friday
Another Friday another day without a bench shirt I didn't get my shirt back from Ginny.
narrow grip bench up to an easy 345 single
next was a 44 katana I did 2oo singles with 195 different bar paths worked up to 455 to about an inch from my chest I had to stop there as my wimpy wife couldn't deadlift an more weight out of the rack. This really sucks as all my indicators (raw bench, board press ect) show that I should be mid 500s but I've had zero shirt success since January.
This week has gone so well I can hardly wait to squat tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dez Dez said...

Hope mom doesn't read this :P Or your "wimpy wife" will probably beat you!! lol!!

Glad trainings going well, nice job on the machine it looks great!!