Tuesday, August 26, 2008

no meet for me

Well I blew my right wrist up, it has been sore for a while now. I didn't bench on Friday to give it more recovery, and on Sunday I did very little and wore wrist wraps for what I did. The wrist felt OK after training and into the evening after Gwen's horse show. When I got up Monday morning it was swollen and hurt so bad I couldn't pick up a fork. last night at work it just got worse so that by midnight I had to cut the back of my glove so I could get my hand in. Oh well I guess I have a new shirt for the next meet.
I probably will only post what every one is doing on Sunday as I will not be doing much for awhile

3 comments:

Thorndike Pickledish said...

Man !! what a bitch !!

so sorry to hear of your pain! and absense at the upcoming meet--what crappy luck !--get well soon take it easy !! heal well and fully !

best wishes
robo

Tony Tomra said...

Thanks Rob what a bitch is right.looks like I'll do a Washington meet next year as they are willing to put my entry fee to wards another meet. when we get a chance I would like to chat about worlds. the swelling has gone down enough that I can see my knuckles again, and I can grip things again as long as I keep it straight it doesn't hurt.

Thorndike Pickledish said...

Hey Tony--Gus called and want me to arrange "team Canada" for the Worlds...up until this year there were no "world teams"--we had as many as 14 countries but they weren't entered in official 'teams'--this is the first year--needless to say YOU are on the team--and if you've got some buddies who want to go to Vegas--let me know ASAP--plus --you do have info (web site has it-under entry menu) the room rates are cheap (89 bux) and the hotel has been re-done nicely..it should be great--get back to me at your leisure--but let's do dis' one !!