Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This didn't go well

Monday

Well I worked a 12 hour night shift Sunday night I hadn't planned to work any more over time until after the meet, but last week our mill announced that we are laying off a shift. Looks like I should be ok, but I thought I should make some money while I had a chance. So I woke up with a night shift hangover pounding headache and all. The idea today was to pull an opener in full gear to make sure every thing fits and get an idea about an opener. Ignoring my headache I started to pull first having problems getting my hips down, not a good sign this usually means my si joints are out. I get up to 455 and pull my squat suit on same one that I've used for deadlifting the past 3 years, it is very tight. go to 495 decided to pull the straps up oh oh very tight there is no way I'm going to get down to the bar. I guess I got fatter than I thought. pull the straps off and just as I thought the si joints are out I couldn't budge 495. So off to the chiro I went. This has been a problem for me for a while now at a meets after squatting the hip flexers are tight and when I set up on the bench for bench press if one side is tighter than the other it pulls my si joints out. In training I usually can get 495 and when I'm jacked at a meet I can get 525 but this sucks. anyway I'm wineing now. I think I'll watch oprah now and really get the estrogen flowing.

No comments: