Saturday, March 15, 2008

meet training

free squat 220/4 265/3 330/1 374/1 440/1 485/1 added old briefs 550/1 616/1 suit straps down 660/1 straps up 705/1
bench rage x 405/1 455/1 495/1 525/1still an inch from touching 545/1 still didn't touch and so far out of the groove that I couldn't lock it out
deadlift up to 495/1 no gear
well this has made up my mind I am going to Toronto. By the time I pay a member ship to the gpc, buy a new shirt that may or may not work for me, and pay to travel to Calgary it will only be a few hundred dollars more to go to Toronto for the CPO meet. I'm more interested in lifting in the wpc anyway so this works on that level as well . Well now for my week off weight training.
Oh and by the way I was very happy with todays numbers.

2 comments:

Thorndike Pickledish said...

Hey Tony --I really appreciate the phone call a few days back ..Great Chat ! I see your CPO Plans are pretty darn good..and after receiving my invitation, I was all fired up too..then I counted the money in my sock...and it didn't quite add up to feasible for me..total with entry-flight -hotel-food--drug test money etc..just under a thousand bucks (or a little over) so I'm actually watching my work sched. for a few weeks to see if some wonderful over paying gig doesn't come along magically...if it does, I just may fly out too...after all it is easy to fly in and shuttle to venue --then lift n' fly back..the RIGHT way to plan a meet !
continue the great training...I know you'll be a world beater again this year !!

Tony Tomra said...

Thanks rob I just booked my flight yesterday. It was just under 600 on air Canada better than the $1014 when I first started checking. Because of where I live all meets are expensive so I only do one or two a year unlike the robo machine who seems to do one a month once the season gets started lol You got me thinking about the awpc worlds all though it may be a tough sell as a fun filled travel designation I'm sure Gwen will go if it's important to me, but I suspect that it is not a lot of fun being drag across the country just to wrap knees and help some sweaty fat guy in and out of his cloths