Tuesday, May 28, 2013

4 weeks out from BC Body Building Championships

So here I am four weeks out. cardio is up to 75 min a day seven days a week at 75% htr. Diet is tight now 10 g carbs a day for five days then two days carb loading, also white fish 5x/day on those days. training has been going well but starting to get tough now with the low carbs. To complicate matters the BC Strongman has been moved to July 27 so five weeks after the BB show, as a result I have started to add a bit of strongman to my training but it is a balancing act. Body building show is of the most importance right now so any strongman I add has to support that, but hopefully also prepare my body for the training coming up in July. Body weight in this pic is 195 and I hope to stay around this weight through July to compete in the under 200 lbs weight class at the strongman meet. There is no way in the time frame I have that I would be competitive in the 230 class  The low energy level were tough at the start, and I was moody ( poor Gwen) but my body is adapting and I am doing better again. So far I have learned a lot about myself again and I suggest that everyone find something that they are passionate about and push themselves once in a while, it is uncomfortable but you will never know how great you can be if you don't try. One word of advice surround yourself with people who share the passion and will support you, for me it has taken a huge team of people to get me here. I would have quit long time ago without their help. I am down 53 lbs and have lost 11 inches off my waist, learned how much harder I can push my body and still recover, seen the positive impact I've had on others who were on similar paths but were struggling with seeing themselves achieving. It doesn't matter on June 22 if I win or not I will have gotten on the stage and done the best I could and that is all I expect of myself. The path to the stage though will have changed me forever I have grown and I will be stronger physically mentally, and spiritually in the future and that is exciting. 
Here is a link to a video of last weekends including of strongman into my BB training.

No comments: